The member firms of Lexwork International practise independently of each other and are not responsible for each other's work. They do, however, recognize the importance of providing a consistent level of service for clients. They have, therefore, adopted the following Practice Standards:
Our Practice Standards
- All member firms are able to conduct business with their clients in English.
- All client phone calls, letters, faxes and e-mails are acknowledged no later than the next business day.
- The basis of charging and estimates of fees are provided at the outset and firms do not exceed any estimate without the client's permission.
- Invoices are rendered promptly, showing any disbursements separately.
- Client requirements for progress and other reports including frequency and format are discussed at the beginning of any work.
- Firms insure that each lawyer has appropriate backup arrangements if that lawyer is absent from the office for any reason.
- Firms have English-speaking receptionists and an after-hours voicemail or message service in English.
- Firms are able to work effectively with Word documents.
- Firms maintain systems to identify and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Firms have anti-virus protection for e-mail correspondence and regularly back up and make copies of electronic messages and documents.
- Firms maintain appropriate professional indemnity insurance.
Lexwork International attaches considerable importance to these practice standards and we would welcome any comments or suggestions on the quality of service you receive from our members.